RestorCap seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, Senior Restoration Designer to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team developing conceptual designs for properties throughout the United States. We are currently working on projects in Washington, Oregon, California, New York, North Carolina, and Texas, with additional properties in other states.
Our team develops restoration conceptual design and analysis of market and potential revenue prior to implementing restoration with a financial partner and currently includes financial analysts, legal experts, geologists, botanists, wetland scientists, and ecologists—after project approval, our team manages local technical experts and agency approval. We connect capital with nature to develop innovative, transformative solutions that benefit the ecosystem and the community. As a team, we harness the knowledge of scientists and the enthusiasm of our partners and community to maximize outcomes for everyone.
The successful applicant will have a foundation in design-build river restoration and have experience with watershed assessment and planning studies, fluvial geomorphic investigations, conceptual design and review with financial partners and regulatory agencies, and general water resources management experience.
Experience with the following is required:
- Project Management
- AutoCAD Civil3D drafting that includes grading, creating and working with surfaces, and design drawing production
- 1D hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS, specifically modeling channel and floodplain hydraulics
- 2D hydraulic modeling
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Construction specifications and cost estimate development
- Design-build collaboration with contractors
- Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Contaminated site remediation and restoration, integrated multi-benefit rehabilitation, stormwater management, fish passage, and dam removal
- Field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration, geomorphic assessment, and water resources management
- Excel spreadsheet models
- Writing code, including use of python
- Total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Construction oversight
Qualified applicants are required to possess:
- BS or MS in engineering OR landscape design with 10+ years of engineering- or landscape design-related work experience
- Current PE certification or landscape architect license
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Experience managing large-scale restoration or remediation projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
- Interest in process-based analysis and design
- Passion about rivers, wetlands, and environmental/social justice
Full-Time, exempt position. Schedule can be flexible. We are a distributed team and support our employees with cell/data plan reimbursement, laptop, monitor, and accommodations for home office; we also have an office in downtown Oakland for collaboration amongst our Bay Area team.
This position includes a generous benefits package with open PTO, employee and family 100% paid medical/dental/vision, life and disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending account for medical, dependent care, and commuter benefits, and a generous match to our 401k retirement program.
RestorCap is an at-will employer. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
For more information on RestorCap, please see our website: www.restorcap.com
Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda McCarthy at:
Please, no calls or recruiters.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
RestorCap is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ready to get started? We’ll help with the entire NRD credit purchasing process, and everything that follows, including full, ongoing management of the restored habitat.